Thursday, February 18, 2016

Weight Loss Update! (aka Progress Pictures)

So I hit my first milestone in any weight loss journey, my first 10 pounds gone! It took me 6 weeks. Which is great, but compared to my first weight loss journey it feels slow. I've been learning a lot of things through this second journey of weight loss, but the biggest is comparison will defeat you. It seems as natural as breathing for me to compare myself. It doesn't matter what it is or who I'm comparing, but it seems nothing is safe from my double vision. 

HOWEVER, I have found that comparing my success to past success has been a motivating tool. To see where I've been, and where I am, is important in recognizing what I'm capable of and that I should keep pushing myself. Every time I focus my comparison energy inwardly I am able to find areas to improve or be inspired to challenge myself. 

So woohoo 10 pounds gone (actually I've lost 11). 
Celebrate your successes.
Focus on comparing yourself with only yourself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment