Friday, February 5, 2016

Quick Taco Salad

So this isn't a favorite or anything. It falls under isn't disgusting, quick, and easy. I usually keep dinners around 500-800 calories. It is also my largest meal of the day so if you are a lighter dinner person cut these portions in half. Every recipe I post is for me and my husband so I count it as two servings, but there is usually enough food you could quarter it if you wanted less calories. 


Quick Taco Salad

2 Cups - Iceberg Lettuce (chopped)
1 lb. - 94% (or leaner) Hamburger
1 packet - Favorite taco seasoning
1 can- Kidney Beans
1/2 Cup - Onions
1 Clove - Garlic
1/4 Cup - Shredded Cheese
Favorite Salsa
2 tbs- Ranch Dressing

Brown hamburger with chopped onion and garlic. Add taco seasoning once browned. If the mixture is a little tight add some water (just a few tablespoons). Add kidney beans, just to warm. Put mixture over lettuce, add your favorite shredded cheese, salsa and dressing.  Enjoy!

Calories: 685

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories and individually add each ingredient I cook with. I have a scale I weigh everything. It can be tedious at first, but does become second nature. I always tell my husband if there were a game show for guessing calories in an item I could probably win it!

No comments:

Post a Comment