Friday, February 5, 2016

The Struggle Is Real

You ever had a day where you just wanted to stay in bed? I'm not talking for like just a few more hours. I'm talking about the whole darn day! Yeah, that's a dumb questions, of course you have! Remember when our age had a 1 as the first number and we could stay in bed all day? When I let myself go there I seem to find this twister of  justifications of why I'm owed a day like that. Which, is ridiculous. Those days usually start out with my son's diaper leaking poop all over my bed or some other similar event that puts 'crappy morning' into a whole new category. Why am I even talking about this? Because that has been my day. It's actually been my last few days. Very little sleep, followed by catastrophic messes, and sick babies.

My point? You can do it! You can do it all. You can fight that inner voice telling you that you are a victim in your life. That you are unappreciated and should be given more. You can fight against those feelings and force yourself to replace those feelings with positively joyful thoughts. So here is some of the things I force myself to do on those days.

1. Exercise. Seriously, it's the last thing I want to do. I want to sit on the couch in my sweats and eat all the things I shouldn't. BUT, when I force myself to exercise  on those days that are the hardest to get up and get moving I always have my best workouts. I push myself so much harder on those days because of the stress and tension in my mind. It starts to feel good and I start to feel better. At the end I feel proud of my accomplishment and that moment follows me throughout the day.

2. Service. I'm not talking about going out and feeding the homeless (although that'd be great!) Little things I can do throughout my day for those I live with and I come in contact with. A note to my husband, play-doh time with my daughter, building blocks with my son, helping someone with their groceries at the store, a text to my neighbor letting them know that they are wonderful. These take minutes out of a day and 100% I promise that you will feel lighter in your daily struggles after an act of service.

3. Fun. Do something not on the schedule. Find a reason to laugh. Make a memory with your loved ones and forever that day will be remember as a good one not a bad one. You are the only one deciding what day gets what label. Will it be a good day or bad day? The better questions is will you make a good day instead of a bad day? Don't ever be too serious to laugh at yourself and don't ever be afraid to make those around you laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment