Monday, February 1, 2016

The Beginning (Before & After Pictures!)

January 4, 2016
The beginning of anything is hard. I am 60 lbs over my desired weight. I haven't exercised in over 3 months. I have two kids under the age of 4. Ok, seriously, once you start down a road of excuses and justifications you'll completely loose the will to get off the express of depress and find a highway to happiness. (Welcome to my uncontrolled metaphor dropping.)
How do you start then? Well, your misery of where you're at has to be stronger than the sacrifice it takes to change. That's all it really is. You'll find that the longer you commit to your changes the less of a sacrifice they are. For me, that magic number is usually 3 months. Once I hit that 3 month mark it starts to become a joy instead of a chore. I can't imagine my routine without weighing my food and exercising every morning. However, right now that sounds like an effective form of torture.
So here I go! I know I have to trust the process. I know it will work. I know it will suck for a while. I know it will be worth it. I know I can do it!

These are pretty mortifying. I guess you need a bad before picture to get you motivated. Sheesh, this one qualifies. After my first Triathlon in September of last year I basically just quit. I didn't exercise. I didn't really monitor my food intake. I love to cook and sometimes I use that hobby as an excuse to eat. It is a struggle to balance my love of cooking and baking with eating appropriately. Thank heavens for neighbors! Anyway, I'm not done having kids, Utah isn't done having snowy Winters, the Holidays will always come bearing food. I need to be able to handle those stages of life with out gaining weight. I'm pretty sure it can be done (well pregnancy is complicated).



 1 Month Later!
It's really amazing what a month of consistency can do. It's like taking an eraser and finding my waist again! That's only 7 lbs. My husband says it looks like I lost 20. I think he may be a little enthusiastic. I need to start keeping track of my inches I feel like that is where my huge changes will be at first. I'm down a pants size already though and that feels nice. Let these pictures prove that change is possible and that you can do this. Make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment