Monday, February 1, 2016

Exercise with Kids

Where are my other Mommas at?!

Life with kids can be a juggling act, no secret there. Sometimes they are my favorite excuse for not getting my butt into gear and exercising. My 18 month old still doesn't sleep all night, and recently has decided his preferred time to start the day is 5 in the morning. My daughter is a threenager and frequently thinks she should rule the world.
I've tried a gym membership with daycare and about 15 minutes in I hear my name over the loud speaker. My kids just love me and can't stand it when we are apart. I can't blame them, that gym day care isn't the greatest.
Luckily, in my basement I have my bike on a stationary stand and I picked up a treadmill on a yard sale site for $100 (3 years and still going strong). So lesson one, no excuses if you want it you'll make it happen. Lesson two, don't pay full price for anything. Besides that I usually do an aerobic exercise from fitnessblender.com they have awesome workouts with a huge variety. Check out their YouTube channel.

Below is a sampling of my exercise life at home with kiddos.


Stationary Bike with Kids: Bike days usually go something like this:

"Derek, get away from the tire."
"Mom, Derek is upstairs on the table eating a candle."
"Mom, why are you going so fast."
"Mom, can you slow down you are too loud."
"Emily, stop asking me questions when my heart rate is 160."

Running on Treadmill with Kids:

"Derek, get away from the treadmill."
"Mom, you have 3 hours left."
"Mom, are you done yet?"
"Mom, Derek is in the office on the computer desk."
"Oh my gosh, Mom, Derek broke the computer."
"Mom, I'm hungry."
"Mom, Derek is poopy."
"Mom, when will change Derek?'

Aerobic Video with Kids:

"Emily, I'm sorry I kicked you I didn't mean to."
"Derek, get out from under me I can't hold this plank much longer."
"Please, don't jump on my stomach when I'm doing sit-ups."
"Mom, when are you having a shower? You stink."
"Derek, don't pull your sisters hair."
"Derek, don't pull my hair."

The Reward of Exercise with Kids:
"Mom, are you going to exercise today?"
"I love working out with you."
"I am going to be healthy like you."
"When I am grown up, will you share your work out clothes with me?"
"You are almost done, good job!"
"I love you Mom."

They aren't an excuse, they are part of why you are doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment